Saturday, August 8, 2009

I completed Discovery Exercise 1 on the SBISD library wiki. Here's what I said about my experience with 23 Things:
I'm having fun with my 23 Things Training, but it is also a little overwhelming. I guess it's like any other training. You find things you are really interested in, but instead of being able to dive into those and master them, you have to move on to other things. I really want to make strides with technology use this upcoming school year, but I know that if I try to do too many things I will not be able to do any of them well.

I joined a district wiki for Language Arts last year and also started one for my department. Unfortunately, after school started, I never really went back to them. I loved the idea, but without buy-in from others, there's not much point. I think I could have more success with a wiki in my classroom. I know there is plenty of potential, but I just need more time to think about my plans. I guess the other thing I'm wondering is would a wiki or a regular blog serve my purposes better. That's something to think carefully about, as well.

1 comment:

  1. try adding inforamtion to your wiki that others will want to use...simply share the link as a place for them to get info or materials or links that might be resources. Let them learn about the wki that way...as a one way resource. Then start asking for them to add things or make comments. Be sure you give instructions on how!

    ReplyDelete