Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing #9

Wow. Even though search tools make it easier to find blogs of interest, it is still VERY OVERWHELMING. There are so many blogs out there that look like they could be interesting, but how am I ever going to have the time or focus to really get into all of this? I'm excited by the prospect, but also feeling uncertain. After looking through all this over the last hour, I can see that it could become very consuming, and I'm actually feeling a little woozy after the experience. The Cool Cat blog helped me when it talked about "How do you create your circle of the wise". I'm thinking that going to my Google Reader and looking through all the updates on the blogs I subscribe to might be a good thing to do while I'm eating breakfast or lunch. As far as choosing the blogs I follow, the tips about looking for "people who inspire you" and "conversationalists, not egoists" were good tips.

As far as search tools go, School library blogs on Suprglu was the most confusing. The easiest search tool was the Edublog's award winners. I looked through many of the nominations for classroom blogs, teacher blogs, and social networking. I couldn't find a place to subscribe to many of the classroom blogs (maybe they don't make that available since it's for their students?), so I bookmarked those instead. I want to go back and share these with the teachers on my team so that we can use these as models for setting up our own classroom blog. I did subscribe to some of the teacher blogs I found here, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment