Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #5


There were many interesting pictures in Flickr; however, I had trouble finding anything I wanted that was available in the Commons. I searched using all kinds of key words that connected to areas that we study and research my students conduct during the year, but could not find anything of use. I was a little disappointed. It seems as if I can find more pictures in Google images than I was finding in the Commons on Flickr. I'm including a picture of Abraham Lincoln since his pictures were actually available in the Commons. We study the Civil War in connection to the novel Soldier's Heart, and we will read a speech made by Abraham Lincoln, so this picture does connect. I'm not sure if I'd want my students searching in Flicker Commons if the choices are so limited. I think they would get very frustrated and would be unable to find much they could use. I do like the overall concept of Flickr, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment