Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing #15

That video made me think of my own college experience. I graduated 14 years ago, but I was feeling much of the same frustrations those students were feeling back then. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for them now with all the technological advances to be stuck in a classroom like the traditional one shown in the video. I don't want students to feel that way about my classroom. I read several of those articles. I think Library 2.0 is needed. The world is changing. If librarians and teachers don't get on board to make decisions about how to move into their classrooms and libraries into the 21st century, then someone with different goals or agendas may make these decisions for us. It's a little scary to think that in the next 5-10 years, libraries may not even have books on their shelves (they may not even have shelves), but I guess we all have part of ourselves that holds on to the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment