Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing #17

Rollyo is a great idea and easy to use. First, I watched Bruce's video about Rollyo. He did a great job of explaining the benefits of Rollyo and how to set up an account. Then I started the process by signing up for my own account. Easy, right? It was easy. The time-consuming part came after that as I decided what I wanted to include on my searchroll. As usual, as soon as I start surfing on the web I go down one path into another and then another. I start reading articles, watching videos, clicking on podcasts, clicking on links that take me to other links, etc. I found some really good stuff, but I really didn't want to spend two hours on this one thing considering that I have to be finished with this entire staff development by Monday. I'm not sure, but I think Delicious might be a better option for my students rather than Rollyo. With Rollyo, there is still so much searching they have to do. Yes, the searching will result in quality sites, but many of my students still have trouble finding the right one. It might still give them to many distractions. With Delicious I can actually provide all the possible websites. I guess it depends on the project and the students I am working with. The good thing is that now I have options and can make informed decisions when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment